Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Day 23 of 365 Days of Fitness Blogging

2 months till my birthday!!  Start your shopping now. :-)

Today was Pump & Burn.  It was 12:30pm and I was breaking for lunch and I really felt like taking a short nap on the couch.  As I walked into the livingroom, at the last moment, I was like NO, get your workout done.  I put in the DVD and Pushed Play. It ended up being a great workout.  Improved in all of the tracks.  Really focusing on the muscle that I am working out at the time.  Making sure I get 100% out of my workout. 

Got an additional workout done later in the afternoon. Did 30 minutes on the elliptical and 30 minutes on the stationary bike.  Feeling really great.  Nailing my nutrition and my workouts. 

I posted this on my Facebook page, but it is worth repeating here...

One of the top fitness quetions is, "When will I begin to see results?"

While there is no accurate timetable to seeing results you can generally feel results happening on day one. Are you sore? Results are coming. Are you hungry? Ditto. As your body adapts to exercise, you are making internal changes, meaning results are on the way. Your body will resist the change. That's because its natural defen...se (law of homeostasis) is to protect the state it's in, even if that state is unhealthy. Its response to this is to fight it with hormonal releases. How well it adapts varies with every single individual, which is why we are constantly advising people not to look at their scale all the time and, instead, trust measurements and pictures. Some people start seeing results in a few days. Others may take many weeks. And none of that matters because the healthy lifestyle will always win in the end. If you keep at it, train hard, and eat well, your body will—absolutely, as it has no choice—change over time. Stay consistent for long enough and you'll look like a Greek statue. It's a physiological law.
 
Have to share another recipe with you. This one is super simple and low carb. 
 
1 Avocado mased well
1 tbsp regular sour cream
1 minced garlic clove
3 crispy bacon stips cut into small pieces.
 
Mix all ingredients together. Yum! I used it tonight on my chicken breast.  I might want to have this everyday!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment