Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Day 2 - Starting a Beachbody Challenge Group

Today was the start of my Beachbody Challenge Group!  I am so excited to finally start.  The only down side, wish I wasn't still fighting this cold. 

No cold is going to stop me, today I did Les Mills Pump - Pump Challenge which is a 28 minute Pump workout. I am happy that week 1 of Les Mills Pump is kind of an easy week.  They take it pretty slow as they are really focused on teaching you the proper form and showing you a little of all the different exercises you will see throughout the program.  I completely understand this approach, you don't want to hurt yourself lifting all these weights and some of the workouts will have over 800 reps! Since I have already done Les Mills Pump I normally would have skipped week 1 and went straight to week 2 (only do this if you have previously completed a full round of LMP).  With me still being under the weather I think it is a good idea to ease into it and take it slow.  Felt good during the workout, really feeling that I will be ready for next week when it picks up the pace.

I did start my day with my tall glass of chocolate Shakeology.  I could really feel the energy from it or maybe that was the cold medicine kicking in. :-) LOL  Tracked all my food at MyFitnessPal.com.  Love the barcode scanner feature for the mobile app.

Signed up with a team of people for the June 1st Color Run here in Kansas City.  Think it will be a lot of fun but definitely need to train for this.  I have never ran a 5k before.  I have walked a few 5K's in the past but I would really love to be able to run this one.  6 months, I have plenty of time to prepare.  Right!?

Go Team Color My Awesomeness!
 
To join our team, go to http://thecolorrun.com/kansascity/ and click on "Sign Up". Towards the end of the registration process it will ask if you want to join a team. Click "Yes" and then type Color My Awesomeness.  BIG Thanks to Celeste for organizing and setting this all up!

1 comment: