Tuesday, December 30, 2014
1. Determine WHY you didn’t hit your goal last year. Human beings have patterns and they do the same thing over and over and scratch their head when they get the same results. Let me guess, last December/January you were totally fired up to build your business, lose weight, quit smoking or whatever and by February you were already off track? Sound about right? Well, why? Why does that keep happening? The biggest reason this happens is you either A) don’t have a mentor or accountability partner OR you simply didn’t “hang around the fire” enough. What I mean by hanging around the fire is being around people that lift you up by attending events, and investing time and money in your education. Don’t skip this step, very, very important if you ever want to get different results.
2. Why do you want what you want? Why is hitting and setting goals for the New Year important to you? Dig deeper than you have before. Be able to tap into the REAL reason you want to hit those new goals.
3. What happens if you DON’T hit your goals? The reason I see so many people quit on their dreams is they forget two things, they forget why they started and the cost of non-success. If you don’t reach your goals this year, what happens? If there is no pain here, there’s a good chance you won’t have the chutzpah (boldness) to move past the dark and tough days.
4. Get Specific when setting goals for the New Year. Set SMART goals. Goals should be specific, measurable, attainable, realistic and timely.
5. Identify the HABITS you will need to change. The fact is MOST people simply pay attention to their results and they complain about the size of their team, the lack of money in their bank account or the weight they are holding onto. You cannot change your results, you can only change the habits that created those results. What habits will YOU change THIS year? Will you invest in your education? Will you eat better and exercise more? Will you get around better mentors? What will your daily routine be?
Tips from Ray Higdon's blog. Follow him for great MLM tips!