Thursday, February 7, 2013

Day 38 of 365 days of Fitness Blogging

As I mentioned yesterday, the previous 2 days I did great all day till the evening and then I went off plan.  It has been hard for me mentally to get back my momentum that I had before my "cheat" meal.  As a result I am now up 2.6lbs.  Most likely that is water weight since I only had 4 cups of water yesterday AND chinese for dinner.  I am determined to stay on track tonight and break through and get the ball rolling again!  It might be a while before I take a planned cheat day/meal again.  Thinking I am just not ready for that in this stage of the game. 

My meal plan on most days is no to low sugar, no wheat, keeping my carbs low and my protein and fat at moderate levels.  Right now I am trying to get through one single day on the Fat Fast plan.  A Fat Fast (also called the Atkins Fat Fast), is a tool that low carbers who are metabolically resistant can use to get themselves quickly into ketosis. Ketosis means that our bodies are using stored fat for energy. The fat fast is also used by many low carbers to break a weight loss plateau or as a means of forcing themselves to get back on track when they have gone off-plan. This is ONLY to be done for 3-5 days.

If you are interested in learning more here are a few links: CarbSmart Fat Fast and The Fat Fast.

The key is to keep each meals fat precentage to 80-90%.  1 fat gram equals 9 calories.

For example, 1 ounce of macadamia nuts is 203 calories and 21 grams of fat.  That means 93% of the calories is from fat.  This is a perfect snack on the Fat Fast. 

I hope tomorrow to report a loss on the scale!

Les Mills Pump Sports Attack and Hard Core Abs completed today.



Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment