Sunday, February 3, 2013

Day 34 Super Bowl Sunday

Sunday Praise

For all of you that have grown up without a father figure in your home, have peace in knowing you have a Holy Father who knows your name and loves you very much.

I have a Father
He calls me His own
He'll never leave me
No matter where I go

He knows my name
He knows my every thought
He sees each tear that falls
And He hears me when I calll his name

Listen to song on YouTube.

Today is a rest day for me.  My DH and I went to the movies, date time. We watched Lincoln. Have no fear, I brought my own snacks. :) Great movie.  For a bit I forgot I was watching an actor and really felt like I was watching Abe Lincoln.  Daniel Day Lewis is an excellent actor.  I was moved to tears several times.  This movie isn't for everyone, but if you are a history buff I definitely recommend going to see Lincoln.

Super Bowl Sunday



Did you know, second only to Thanksgiving, Super Bowl Sunday is the second biggest day for food consumption in the U.S.

Roughly 28,000,000 pounds of chips are consumed, which if laid end to end would stretch for 293,000 miles. 90 million chicken wings, and 8,000,000 pounds of guacamole are consumed during the Super Bowl. If all the guacamole consumed was to be spread over a football field the spread would be 11.8 feet deep, and all this food is washed down by 325.5 million gallons of beer which is enough to fill 493 Olympic swimming pools! 


There are no Super Bowl snacks in the house this year.  Let me be honest, I am usually the only one eating it every year.  It is an excuse for me to totally gorge myself with all my favorite junk foods. I don't need it!  To top that I am not even watching the game. -gasp- For all of you that are, I hope you enjoy yourself and maybe make 1 or 2 healthy dishes.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment