Monday, February 9, 2015

Meal Prepping

Meal prepping is all over the social media sites.  Go to anyone of them and look up the hashtag #MealPrep.  There are a lot of great sites and users who are sharing what they are doing.  You can get tons of ideas! 

Have you ever prepared and readied your meals for the whole week? Well this was a first for me!! To help keep me on track during the work week I decided to prep all of my meals for the week.  Disclosure: I prepped my meals and my daughters, lunch and dinner every for 2 people (4 meals/day).  I only had 12 storage containers so I was only able to prep 3 days for each of us.  I will need to prep the remainder of the week on Wednesday.

I used the 21 Day Fix eating guide to figure out what I would be eating each meal and used the containers to measure my food for each day. 

Meal 1 - Chocolate Shakeology, 1/2 banana, 1 cup Almond milk (1 red, 1 purple, 1 yellow)
Meal 2 - 2 hard boiled eggs, almonds (1 red, 1 orange)
Meal 3 - Ground Turkey, bell peppers, onions, green beans, brown rice (1 red, 2 green, 1 yellow)
Meal 4 - Apple, peanut butter (1 purple, 1 tsp.)
Meal 5 - Baked chicken, green beans, 1/2 potato (1 red, 2 green, 1 yellow)

 
 

Having my meals all ready to go definitely helped me today when I was rushing around in the morning and again in the evening after a long day at work and then doing my workout.  Will probably tweak this as we go from week to week. Some weeks I can see prepping lunches and snacks only and have a dinner cooking in the crock pot or do a salad.
 
I really loved the turkey/pepper meal I threw together.  Lots of seasoning and great taste. Garlic, ground turkey, salt, pepper and Cajun seasoning.  Sautéed the onions, red and orange bell peppers all together in a little bit of coconut oil.
 
Join me on Facebook at: https://www.facebook.com/FitClubKC.
 
Have questions, need some help with planning your meals on the 21 Day Fix, contact me at fitcoachamanda@gmail.com.  

No comments:

Post a Comment